Big pieces of furniture, especially sofa, indicated the tone of the room. Sofas with old-fashioned patterns change the living room decor from charming to outdated. However, you do not need to buy a new sofa. Update the style of your living room by rewriting old sofa cushions with fabric designed with modern patterns and colors. Its new sofa pillows for a quick room make-over.
– Measure the length, width and depth of the pillow on the couch. Draw a sketch of the pillows on paper with the mat.
– Lay the fabric on a flat surface face down. Place the foam on the fabric. Cut the fabric along the edges of the foam with a further two or three inches on the sides. Cut another piece of fabric with the same dimensions.
– Cut a piece of foam using the measured dimensions. You can also take the foam out of the old pillows and use it for the new pillows.
– Draw the contours of the foam on the wrong side of both pieces of fabric. Make sure the outlines match. Trace the side panels of the foam on a piece of cloth.
– Place the two pieces of cloth side by side where the back of the pad will be. One edge is the rear side piece. Use pins to hold the pieces together. Place zipper – wrong side up – in the middle of the pins of the needle. Pin the zip fastener to the material and sew the zipper with the sewing machine. Remove the pins.